With marijuana legalization looming, municipalities are working hard to get the fine details ready.
West Vancouver, which has no medical marijuana shops currently, said it’s moving in the green direction.
Mayor Michael Smith said before October 17th, pot shops looking to open will need to go through a rezoning hearing.
“Technically apply to open one tomorrow, you would go through a process, staff would bring it to council with a recommendation and council may, or may not approve it.”
“We’ve been told by government forever that this is something that shouldn’t be, that you shouldn’t be able to acquire or use marijuana and now all of a sudden we’re doing a 180 and saying as of October it’s going to be legal.
He adds five or six shops have come forward seeking application.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax