A Quebec medical marijuana producer says its processed products have been certified as kosher, just in time for one of the High Holidays on the Jewish calendar.
The Hydropothecary Corp. (TSXV:THCX) says the certification by Rabbi Levy Teitlebaum comes just in time for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year, celebrated from Wednesday night to Friday night.
It says the certification covers its ready-to-consume marijuana powder product line, cannabis peppermint oil and milled products and includes an audit of cleaning protocols, kosher compliance review and on-site inspections.
WATCH BELOW: Legalizing marijuana
In a release, the Ottawa rabbi says kosher certification is relied upon by vegans, vegetarians and people who are careful about what they consume as well as those who follow Jewish dietary laws.
He says certification means that consumers can be assured that the products “adhere to the highest standards of kosher purity.”
Medical products are eligible for kosher certification, the rabbi says, but marijuana for recreational use, expected to be made legal next year, may not qualify for kosher designation.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- Video2019.02.07Where should Canadians go to buy weed online?
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick