A Middlesex man is facing charges after Elgin-Middlesex seized nearly $1 million in narcotics.
The Elgin-Middlesex OPP Community Street Crime Unit, assisted by the Huron-Perth CSCU and the West Region Emergency Response Team, executed a search warrant at a farm property in Southwest Middlesex in connection to a drug and substances investigation on Sunday.
Police arrested a male at the scene, and seized several different forms of narcotics.
Investigators found various amounts of cocaine, crack cocaine, as well as various dosages of fentanyl patches, morphine tablets, hydromorphone tablets, Oxycodone tablets, Dilaudid tablets, and cannabis.
The total value of narcotics was approximately $1 million.
More than $84,000 in cash was also seized by investigators.
Constable Max Gomez pointed out the importance of getting the substances off the streets.
“These drugs have been destroying families, and the personal toll it’s causing within our communities is massive, with sons, daughters, mothers and fathers all falling victim to it,” he said.
Gomez adds concerns from residents in the community is what led police to conduct the investigation.
Middlesex OPP have charged a 62-year-old man from Southwest Middlesex with:
- 9 counts of possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
- 1 count of possession of a Schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking under 3 kg
- 2 counts of possession of a Schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking
- 3 counts of possession of a prohibited device or ammunition, failiure to comply with recognizance
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000
The man was released and was scheduled for a bail hearing on Monday. The investigation is still ongoing.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Latest posts by Global News Feed (see all)
- ‘Everything is fine’: Canada’s health minister addresses cannabis supply issues – Halifax - October 20, 2018
- Workers tied up during armed robbery of Beaverton marijuana grow-op: police - October 19, 2018
- Joint-smoking passenger in Saanich car slapped with $230 fine - October 19, 2018