The Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC) is looking for their retail supplier of cannabis ahead of legalization this year.
Documents posted on the official Nova Scotia tender website indicate that they have requested information from all licensed producers of cannabis.
“In order to be ready for the summer launch date, we have a lot of work to do and it is going to happen quickly,” the tender reads.
“For that reason, we wanted to reach out to the supplier community as soon as possible in the process.”
The information in the tenders gives Nova Scotians the first clear indication of what they may be able to purchase once retail sales begin at NSLC outlets.
According to the document, it’s anticipated that the NSLC will be selling cannabis in five sub-categories:
- Dried flowers
- Clones and seeds
- Oil extract
The NSLC has requested information on:
- Estimated quantities of cannabis a producer may be able to supply them with
- Which of the five categories they would be able to supply
- When the product will be available for retail
- Who will supply their retail packaging
“Introducing the sale of recreational cannabis in our network represents a significant change to our business model and planning efforts are well underway,” the tender reads.
According to the tender document, packages of cannabis will vary by weight and cannabis strain.
The tender indicates that strains may come in one-gram, 3.5-gram, seven-gram, 15-gram and 30-gram packages.
WATCH: Inside Nova Scotia’s first licensed producer of cannabis
Pre-rolled joints may be available in single pre-rolled form or five packs, depending on the strain being sold.
Accessories that the NSLC are considering include grinders, hand pipes, vaporizers and water pipes.
According to the documents, a more formal process for selecting a producer will begin in February.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax