Nova Scotia has its first licensed producer of cannabis in the province — the Wentworth, N.S. based Breathing Green Solutions.
Health Canada issued the license on Friday along with three other producers across the country.
Saskatchewan’s Agro-Greens Natural Products Ltd., Agrima Botanicals Corp. in British Columbia and Ontario’s Bloomera Inc. were the three new producers issued licenses.
“After four years of hard work building the facility, we are excited to have approval to grow our first crop,” said Bill Sanford, Chairman of Breathing Green Solutions, in a press release.
The company’s 35,000 sq. ft. manufacturing plant includes a proprietary growing and nutritional system.
Breathing Green is planning to have its product available to the medicinal marijuana market by mid-2018.
They also plan to open its sales to a recreational market once cannabis becomes legalized.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.[ad_2]
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax