The New Brunswick government is providing up to $360,000 to Zenabis, a medical cannabis producer in Atholville, N.B., in order for them to help create jobs in the province.
The province said in a press release that the money will be provided through its Workforce Expansion Program, allowing the company to hire production line workers, sanitation technicians and analytical chemists.
“We are pleased to offer continued support to companies like Zenabis, which is working hard to have trained, professional and skilled staff in place as we approach the legalization of cannabis across the country,” said Gilles LePage, minister of labour, employment and population growth.
Zenabis recently partnered with the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick to offer a french-language cannabis cultivation program at the school’s campus in Campbellton, N.B.
The program’s graduates will become qualified technicians in cannabis production.
“We are thrilled to have the Government of New Brunswick’s ongoing support to expand our workforce in Atholville,” said John Kondrosky, chief operating officer of Zenabis.
It’s been two years since $4 million was invested in Zenabis by the province’s Regional Development Corporation and Opportunities NB.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax