NB Liquor has put out a call for tenders to provide retail spaces to sell cannabis at various locations in New Brunswick.
According to the request for proposals, the province is looking to lease spaces that are approximately 3,000 square feet in size.
The request stipulates they are looking for facilities that have space for parking and delivery truck access.
The retail locations would be in Greater Moncton, Fredericton, Oromocto, Greater Saint John, Bathurst, Edmundston, Sackville, Shediac, Miramichi, Sussex, St. Stephen, Richibucto, Tracadie, Perth-Andover and Campbellton.
WATCH: New Brunswick creates Crown corporation to oversee marijuana sales
In September, the New Brunswick government created a new Crown corporation to oversee the sale of recreational marijuana and signed deals with two suppliers.
At the time, Finance Minister Cathy Rogers said the new Crown corporation would not directly conduct retail operations but would work with another entity to provide that framework.
The proposal says the facilities should be “substantially completed” by May 31, 2018.
The deadline for tender proposals is 1:30 p.m. on Nov. 10.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax