The province of New Brunswick has announced the locations of 11 cannabis retail stores ahead of the scheduled July 2018 legalization of recreational marijuana.
New Brunswick originally issued tenders for 20 locations. The president and CEO of NB Liquor, the Crown corporation that will be operating the stores, says the remaining nine locations have been re-tendered.
“The remaining locations have been re-tendered for the nine areas, allowing for those who did not get a chance to submit the first time around to do so at this time,” said Brian Harriman, in a news release.
In addition to the Cannabis NB retail stores, the province will also be selling recreational marijuana online.
The retail locations announced at this point are:
- Choice Properties – 165 Main St.
- Mapleton Holdings Inc. – 40 Wyse St.
- Perfection Realty – 780 Dieppe Blvd.
- Dalin Investments Inc. – 435 Brookside Dr.
- Heron Enterprises Inc. – 16 Commerce Dr.
Greater Saint John
- Loblaw Properties Ltd. – 168 Rothesay Ave.
- Plazacorp Property Holdings – 944 Fairville Blvd.
- Choice Properties – 640 St. Peter Ave.
- Plazacorp Properties Inc. – 2540 King George Hwy.
- Plazacorp Properties Inc. – 138 Main St.
- Cordova Realty – intersection of Route 3 Old Ridge Road and Route 1
Finance Minister Cathy Rogers says those locations are scheduled to open in time for the July 2018 implementation date.
Meanwhile, tenders have been re-issued for the following locations:
- Fredericton – Southside location
- Greater Saint John – Rothesay/Quispamsis location
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Latest posts by Global News Feed (see all)
- ‘Everything is fine’: Canada’s health minister addresses cannabis supply issues – Halifax - October 20, 2018
- Workers tied up during armed robbery of Beaverton marijuana grow-op: police - October 19, 2018
- Joint-smoking passenger in Saanich car slapped with $230 fine - October 19, 2018