Manitobans will find out a bit more about the province’s plan for the distribution and sale of marijuana on Tuesday. Marijuana will be legalized on July 1, 2018 and for the past few months the province has been hearing from various industry members on how it could possibly work.
Premier Brian Pallister, Justice Minister Heather Stefanson and Growth, Enterprise and Trade Minster Blaine Pedersen are expected to speak about the next steps towards legalization Tuesday afternoon. They will be speaking at 12:45 p.m. and that update will be live streamed on this page.
The news conference will focus on the province’s retail and distribution plan.
The province told Global News in October that nearly 60 Manitobans have put together production and distribution proposals in anticipation of legalization.
Ontario released its pot plan in September with a goal of selling marijuana in as many as 150 stores controlled by that province’s liquor control board.
While it’s not clear what Manitoba plans to do the premier hinted Monday he was strongly in favour of private-sector involvement.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- Video2019.02.07Where should Canadians go to buy weed online?
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick