WINNIPEG – The Manitoba government is reaching out to the public to gauge interest on growing and selling marijuana once it’s legalized.
In a news release Thursday the justice department said it had issued an expression of interest (EOI) for possible participants in a legalized cannabis industry.
This would include production, distribution and retail of marijuana.
The federal government has set a July 1, 2018 date for legalization.
Manitoba’s EOI is available online.
Officials are trying to determine marketplace interest and capability that would meet the standards of a cannabis industry in Manitoba.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.[ad_2]
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax