Hamilton police say a male victim was sent to hospital following a shooting during a robbery at an illegal cannabis dispensary Saturday evening.
Police say the shooting occurred shortly before 9 p.m. at 275 King Street E., near King Street and Wellington Street North.
One injured male was located at the scene and taken to the hospital.
Preliminary investigations indicate that this incident was a robbery, police say.
Police are appealing to the public for any witnesses and are canvassing the area for video surveillance footage.
- CBC News services keep Canadians at home and abroad informed about their communities, their country and the world. CBC/Radio-Canada is the country's largest news organization, employing more than 800 journalists in Canada and around the globe. Their stories appear on CBC Television, CBC Radio, CBCNews.ca and CBC News Network.
- News2019.03.22B.C. naturopath linked to illegal pot trade has licence cancelled
- News2019.03.21Saskatchewan Budget 2019: Government touts balanced budget, says no new taxes
- News2019.03.21Pot sector players welcome edibles tax change, disappointed medical tax remains
- News2019.03.20Smoking strong pot daily raises psychosis risk, study finds