Hamilton police say a male victim was sent to hospital following a shooting during a robbery at an illegal cannabis dispensary Saturday evening.
Police say the shooting occurred shortly before 9 p.m. at 275 King Street E., near King Street and Wellington Street North.
One injured male was located at the scene and taken to the hospital.
Preliminary investigations indicate that this incident was a robbery, police say.
Police are appealing to the public for any witnesses and are canvassing the area for video surveillance footage.
- CBC News services keep Canadians at home and abroad informed about their communities, their country and the world. CBC/Radio-Canada is the country's largest news organization, employing more than 800 journalists in Canada and around the globe. Their stories appear on CBC Television, CBC Radio, CBCNews.ca and CBC News Network.
- News2019.04.22Meet one of the youngest cannabis executives in Canada
- News2019.04.18Pass it on, provinces: Cities say provincial governments hoarding marijuana tax cash
- News2019.04.15Aphria shares fall 12% despite higher revenues as cannabis company posts loss and writes down assets
- News2019.04.11Internal CBSA report blames illegal pot imports on supply shortages, organized crime