While the use of recreational pot won’t be legal in Canada until the summer, the Surrey Board of Trade says businesses need to be ready now.
The board has released a support guide for Canadian employers on managing cannabis in the workplace.
Board of Trade CEO Anita Huberman says employers need to strengthen their human resource policies and get legal advice.
“We’re asking employers to analyze their workforce, get the facts, make sure that there’s communication mechanisms between the employer and the employee, tracking mechanisms. We put together a tool in our support guide for that, that impairment in the workplace essentially of all forms will not be tolerated.”
Huberman says the guide will evolve after recreational pot is legalized and more details will be added to it.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax