The Saskatoon-based company has been fending off a hostile takeover by Aurora, which wants CanniMed to abandon its friendly takeover of Newstrike Resources Ltd.
CanniMed and Aurora’s stand-still agreement provides them with an opportunity to hold talks ahead of a rescheduled CanniMed shareholder vote on Thursday.
Under the truce, neither company will solicit any proxies from CanniMed shareholders, solicit an alternative transaction or enter talks about an alternative deal.
In addition, Aurora will not acquire direct or indirect control of any additional CanniMed shares and CanniMed won’t make changes to its Nov. 24 offer for Newstrike.
The Tragically Hip, a major shareholder in Newstrike, has thrown its support behind CanniMed’s takeover bid.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- Video2019.02.07Where should Canadians go to buy weed online?
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick