The New Brunswick government says a subsidiary of NB Liquor will operate recreational cannabis retail stores in the province.
Finance Minister Cathy Rogers says that advice received from other jurisdictions like Colorado and Washington is to start with tight government oversight.
She says NB Liquor has the experience in the retail market.
A tender was recently issued for 20 retail locations in 15 communities across the province.
NB Liquor President Brian Harriman says identification will be checked at the door and all products will be securely under glass.
He says online sales will also be available for pick-up at a retail store or home delivery.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- Video2019.02.07Where should Canadians go to buy weed online?
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick