Marijuana company Aurora Cannabis Inc. has applied to list its shares on the New York Stock Exchange.
The shares are expected to trade in New York under the ticker symbol ACB, the same as its listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The Edmonton-based company says the listing is subject to the approval of the New York Stock Exchange, and the satisfaction of all listing and regulatory requirements.
Aurora expects trading on the NYSE to start before the end of the month.
Shares in the company soared last month following a report by BNN Bloomberg that Aurora was in talks with Coca-Cola Co. to develop pot-infused drinks.
However, Aurora said at the time that while it does engage in exploratory talks from time to time, there was no deal to announce.
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax