The Alberta government will hold a press conference Wednesday about the legalization of cannabis.
Justice Minister Kathleen Ganley will be speaking in Calgary at 10:30 a.m. MT, where she will release the Alberta Cannabis Framework plan. That press conference will be livestreamed in the video player above.
The federal government plans to make marijuana legal across Canada by July 2018.
Earlier this year, the Liberal government unveiled its proposed legal-pot regime, which – once passed – would establish a “strict legal framework” for the production, sale, distribution and possession of pot.
It’s up to each province to come up with its own rules.
An online survey, which was part of the engagement process, gathered input from more than 45,000 Albertans. The survey was one of the most successful in the province’s history, according to a spokesperson with Alberta Justice.
The government also met with more than 100 stakeholders and sector groups, which included Indigenous groups, private industry, municipalities, the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, health care providers, law enforcement, and members of the transportation and labour sectors.
— More to come…
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.[ad_2]
- This is the Buds2Go Staff Account. We work really hard to provide information and news about marijuana legalization, product information and promotional events going on across Canada. We are fanatics and experts on strains and utilizing medical cannabis for the treatment of common ailments.
- News2018.10.19‘A 24/7 thing’: Ottawa police begin checkstop blitz to target cannabis-impaired drivers — even in the morning
- News2018.10.19Toronto police raid 5 marijuana dispensaries as retail locations still not permitted – Toronto
- News2018.10.19Former task force chair says everyone needs to obey the rules on legalized cannabis – New Brunswick
- News2018.10.16Halifax rolls out more designated smoking areas ahead of cannabis legalization – Halifax